Category Archives: 3D-Printing
I refined the previous case a little to have less height and rounded corners. Looks much lighter now. The new design could be found on thingiverse as usual.
Just created a simple snap-in case for the Hacklace2. Two versions are provided: One which houses a Hacklace2 with soldered on headers, one which houses a Hacklace2 without headers. The OpenSCAD sources and printable STL files could be found on thingiverse.
At Google I/O this year, Cardboard was presented. Cardboard are DIY 3D goggles made of cardboard, using a smart phone as screen and sensor device. Cardboard seams to be based on OpenDive from Stefan Welker who also published the STL files for 3D printing his goggles on ThingiVerse. And printing them was exactly what I […]
I created a first passive component for my brick-o-lage project: a big button with feedback LED. The button is mode from a big „pilz“ switch which presses a smaller switch inside the case. Very simple but dangerous looking :-). The 3D files could be found on my github account. I tried to make the case […]
I finished a case for the STM32F4-Discovery board. It consists of two parts: the case body and the case cover. The cover is hold in place by two snap-ins. The cover has spaces for all the header, jumpers and buttons. Also I made the cover very thin at the places where the LEDs of the board […]
Recently I finished a first version of the DCM Brick (DC Motor Control). As for the DIO brick and the Master Brick, I designed schematic and PCB using fritzing . Also I ordered the PCBs from fritzing FAB. For the firmware I used my own libemb as a basis. The DCM brick allows driving two DC motors independently. Each motors direction (clockwise […]
Also long time ago finished: the master bricks PCB and large parts of the firmware. Currently the MB is already able to drive the DIO and DCM bricks (multible of them). As before, I designed schematic and PCB using fritzing and ordered the PCBs from fritzing FAB. Currently I have not designed a case for the MB (since I […]
The DIO (Digital IO) brick for my brick-o-lage project is already finished. I designed schematic and PCB using fritzing . Also I ordered the PCBs from fritzing FAB (and they turned out great). For the firmware I used my own libemb as a basis. DIO Brick Specifications Uses a MSP430G2553 from TI Runs custom firmware […]
I put together a project roundup for the tin can R2D2: TinCan R2D2 roundup
Ok, the hardware for both robots (black R2D2 and pink R2KT) is done. Also a first version of the software is loaded on the Parallax Propeller inside the two bots. In the video below you could see them driving (remote controlled from smartphone/tablet).